Photo credit- Ohsheglows.com
This green smoothie is packed with digestion-enhancing and immune-boosting foods like pineapple, parsley, ginger, and avocado.
Don’t worry though; its sweet flavour makes it friendly for green smoothie newbies! If you are adverse to the spiciness of ginger, I recommend starting with half the amount and adding to taste from there. This smoothie also keeps well overnight. I will often make a double batch, save leftovers in a small mason jar in the fridge overnight, and enjoy it the next morning.
- 1 heaping cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 teaspoon packed fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon probiotic powder, optional
- lemon or lime slice, for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a blender
- and blend on the highest speed until super smooth.
- Feel free to add a handful of baby spinach to boost the nutrient power even more.
- Fresh mint also gives this smoothie a nice digestion boost (not to mention a delicious minty flavour).